Friday, December 18, 2009

Sometimes it pays to complain

I few months ago I had complained about service at an MTL shop in city centre. Last week I forwarded this complaint to a colleague who works at MTL who escalated it to the relevant authorities. Yesterday I happened to find myself in this shop, not out of choice but rather because I could not burn Malawi’s scarcest commodity, fuel, going to another shop. But at the end of it all I was glad.

The customer service staff were a lot more responsive and explained certain processes I have always found unnecessary. He lady in the shop went out of her way (or maybe it was just her job) to make sure I was served quickly because there was an MTL dealer ahead of the queue and they normally take time to transact before the next person is served. In short it was a great customer experience. I guess it is always great when feedback is welcome and acted upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment